Important Facts About Indoor Air Quality and the Health of Your Family
- FACT: Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association)
- FACT: 50% of all illnesses are either caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
- FACT: The levels of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air has been found to be up to 70 times greater than in outdoor air. (United States Environmental Protection Agency- USEPA)
- FACT: Children and the elderly are especially affected by polluted indoor air. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
Is Your Home Making You Sick?
Your duct system functions as the respiratory system of your home. When it becomes contaminated and congested, it must be cleaned in order to ‘breathe’ normally and efficiently.
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, it may be time to have your air duct system professionally cleaned.
- Does anyone in your family suffer from headaches, nasal congestion, or other sinus problems at night or in the morning?
- Does anyone in the house have allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems?
- Is there a smoker in the house?
- Do you have dogs, cats, or pets?
- Do you notice musty or stale odors when the furnace or air conditioner runs?
- Do you notice dust on your furniture shortly after cleaning?
- Does it seem like there is not enough air flow coming from your vents?
- Is your furnace equipped only with a standard throw-away fiberglass filter?